NBCG was hired in 2020 by a citizens’ committee to create a campaign to pass a citywide ballot initiative for an economic development sales tax. The tax provides funding for property tax relief, workforce housing, and job attraction and retention activities.
On a short timeline — beginning about three months before the vote — we worked with the citizen committee to create an integrated strategy that included:
- Key voter messaging
- Targeted direct mail pieces
- Letters to campaign donors
- PowerPoint presentation for groups
- Paid and organic social media posts
- Videos of local supporters
- Explainer videos
- Print, radio and TV ads
- Billboards and yard signs
The campaign resulted in a 60% “yes” vote.