New Boston is looking for a jill or jack of all (video) trades — scripting, shooting, producing and editing are going to be part of the mix. We’re a fun bunch with high standards — poke around on our site, kick the tires, see if there’s something here you like — then get in touch and let’s talk!
Skills and Abilities
- Three to five years minimum experience in this field. Extensive student experience may substitute for some professional experience.
- Demonstrated ability to shoot professional, sophisticated video in a variety of settings and for a variety of purposes (on location, lighting, audio, studio production)
- High degree of competence with Adobe video editing software and post-production, including good editorial decisions and formatting for various social and online platforms
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Creativity, flexibility and high degree of awareness of budgets, timelines and goals — it doesn’t matter how cool the video is, in the end, it MUST serve the client’s purposes. But we DO want cool video.
- Must play well with others — most projects will be part of larger campaigns, so collaborating effectively to pull off ALL the projects is essential.
- Ability to visually execute someone else’s creative concept.
- Ability to work with minimal oversight or direct supervision — self-starters, please apply!
- Fresh eye, new ideas, current trends and best practices — what will get our clients noticed?
- Valid driver’s license, non-smoker.
- Desired skills and experience:
- Planning, location scouting, script planning/writing, graphic design and animation
- Working with clients and talent
- Work productively and professionally with other NBCG staff to plan, script, shoot, produce, edit and distribute video, on time and on budget.
- Produce video for variety of formats and uses — social media-quality all the way to high-end HD with effects as appropriate.
- Maintain high production values, good pacing and technical soundness, all within the practical parameters of the project.
- Troubleshooting, maintaining and researching equipment purchases.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
Any combo of education and training that shows us you have the chops to get the job done. For instance, a BS or certificate from an accredited institution, OR very close to having one of those pieces of paper along with a lot of relevant experience.
What You'll Get
Benefits include competitive pay, paid time off, health insurance, awesome work environment, flexible schedule, retirement plan, paid holidays, cool colleagues, a whole lot of appreciation, Skittles, complete and utter lack of boredom, ability to go as far as you want to based on your smarts, work ethic and ability to play well with others.
What We Need from You
Email a cover letter, resume, links to completed projects and/or demo reel and three references to:
Lisa A. Sisley
New Boston Creative Group, LLC
(Hint: The ability to follow directions is HIGHLY prized here at New Boston. As is creativity.)
January 21, 2022
Please call 785-587-8185 or email Lisa.