New Boston is looking for a part-time (15-20 hours/week), entry-level video production assistant to help with shooting and editing commercial video. We’re a fun bunch with high standards — poke around on our site, kick the tires, see if there’s something here you like — then get in touch and let’s talk!
Skills and Abilities
- Experience with shooting and editing video required. This person will assist our video production specialist on shoots and in the office, using editing software. (This can be personal, student or professional experience.)
- Familiarity with Adobe video editing software and post-production, demonstrating good editorial decision making and ability to format for various social and online platforms.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Must enjoy working as part of a team and collaborating with other creative professionals.
- Ability to work with minimal oversight or direct supervision — self-starters, please apply!
- Valid driver’s license, non-smoker.
- Work productively and professionally with other NBCG staff to script, shoot, produce, edit and distribute video, on time and on budget.
- Under supervision, produce video for variety of formats and uses — social media-quality all the way to high-end HD with effects as appropriate.
- Maintain high production values, good pacing and technical soundness, all within the practical parameters of the project.
- Must have scheduling flexibility to help with shoots during business hours. Some minimal travel might also be required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
Any combo of education and training that shows us you have the chops to get this entry-level job done. This job could be used as a for-credit academic internship.
What You'll Get
Benefits include competitive pay, paid time off, awesome work environment, flexible schedule, retirement plan, paid holidays, cool colleagues, a whole lot of appreciation, Skittles, complete and utter lack of boredom, ability to go as far as you want to based on your smarts, work ethic and ability to play well with others.
What We Need from You
Email a cover letter, resume, links to completed projects and/or demo reel and three references to:
Lisa A. Sisley
New Boston Creative Group LLC
(Hint: The ability to follow directions is HIGHLY prized here at New Boston. As is creativity.)
June 10, 2022
Please call 785-587-8185 or email Lisa.