New Boston Creative Group, LLC, seeks experienced, problem-solving big thinker who can boil down the big picture into a marketing plan that will knock the client’s socks off and help their business or org make the next big leap forward.
If you’re our new strategic communications manager, you can synthesize a lot of information about our clients and their industries, enlist your colleagues for their expertise, come up with the big ideas, and then write everything up in a meticulous, comprehensible and actionable plan.
You will also provide messaging and content support for other projects such as websites, digital marketing, social media, print…all the things.
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree (marketing, PR, English, communications, advertising, etc.) and at least three to five years relevant experience
- Strong background in AP-style writing
- Demonstrated ability to independently carry out high-level strategic marketing and outreach projects
- Very high-level written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated abilities in project management and collaboration with clients and colleagues
- Strong organizational and communication skills, tact, responsibility and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to manage deadlines
- Ability to effectively handle multiple assignments at one time
- Ability to manage challenging situations both internally and with clients, if necessary
- Ability to garner cooperation of colleagues in achieving goals and meeting deadlines
- Ability to edit, proof and critique work of colleagues effectively for different types of media, in a positive, respectful manner
- Digital marketing experience
- Strong knowledge of best practices in social media and website copywriting for businesses and organizations
- Capacity to learn about new industries and synthesize knowledge
(Are we good? You still interested? Did you check off most of those items in your head? Well, then, keep reading!)
What You’ll Do
- Serve as lead on large-scale client marketing and outreach projects, working independently to achieve client goals.
- In collaboration with colleagues and principals, research, create, write and execute marketing campaigns, strategic messaging outreach and other multi-component projects on behalf of clients.
- Manage client projects — goals, budgets, deadlines, quality of colleagues’ work.
- Write and edit many types of content — marketing copy, AP-style feature stories, social media posts, research reports, presentations.
- Carry out social media content and digital marketing projects, for both NBCG and clients as needed.
- Other related duties.
What You’ll Get
- Excellent pay
- Paid time off
- Health insurance (if eligible based on number of hours worked)
- Flexible schedule
- Awesome, supportive work environment
- Retirement plan
- Paid holidays
- A whole lot of appreciation
- Occasional Beer Fridays
- Complete lack of boredom
- Respect and admiration from every corner of the kingdom
- Smart, nice colleagues with high standards, a decent (or indecent, depending on your point of view) sense of humor, and utter commitment to client satisfaction.
What We Need From You
Please mail or email a cover letter, resume, three professional references, and samples/descriptions of relevant projects to:
Lisa A. Sisley
New Boston Creative Group, LLC
315 Houston Street, Suite E
Manhattan, KS 66502
For questions, please call 785-587-8185, or email Lisa.
DEADLINE: MAY 3, 2019, 5:00 p.m.