New Boston Creative Group, LLC, needs a smart, meticulous, experienced office manager/executive assistant with a warm and friendly style. You will do a little bit of everything, so adaptability is the word of the day! 20 to 30 hours/week. Non-smokers only. Position begins November 2, 2020 (flexible).
Professional phone, in-person and online demeanor and appearance: This person will be the first contact with prospective clients, so cheerfully and appropriately handling inquiries, calls, visitors, etc., is critical. This includes the ability to communicate appropriately with clients and others in emails.
Flexibility: We’re looking for someone who is cheerful, who can calmly handle anything that comes up, who’s willing to do whatever needs to be done, and who has a great sense of humor. Prioritizing tasks and communicating constantly are imperative. In addition, the principals are heavily involved in outside professional and volunteer activities, and this person may help with those from time to time.
Initiative, responsibility and problem-solving skills: We want someone who can identify problems, propose solutions, and make everybody’s life just a little better. And we don’t want to have to remind you about your duties, so if you’re a self-starter, we want to talk to you.
Experience and expertise: At least two years’ professional office administrative or management experience. Demonstrated ability in office practices such as correct formatting of letters, efficiency in developing filing systems, and suggestions for improvements of relevant internal processes.
Software mastery: Microsoft Office suite and total comfort learning new applications specific to this business.
Valid drivers license.
Light bookkeeping: We would like to find someone who can, under supervision, handle some typical small-business, light bookkeeping responsibilities including AR, AP and invoicing clients. Quickbooks experience a plus.
Education: Some post-secondary education preferred.
CRM experience: Some background in managing and updating client contact information will be helpful, but not required.
- Hours: Monday-Friday, 20 to 30 hours (somewhat negotiable and flexible), tentatively beginning November 2, 2020.
- Answering the phone, transferring calls, greeting clients
- Filing documents, work samples, etc.
- Directing prospective clients to a principal or staff member appropriately
- Monitoring office calendar, meetings, events, travel, etc., and handling all details accordingly
- Using internal project management software as directed
- Making travel arrangements
- Project support: mailings, venue and food arrangements, logistics
- Mailing, FedExing, errands, etc.
- Planning and scheduling team events
- Other general office duties as assigned, which may include AR, AP, invoicing, under supervision
- Monitoring and stocking office and kitchen supplies
- Maintaining office car: keeping it clean, keeping it gassed, scheduling maintenance, etc.
- Light office-housekeeping duties: wiping down surfaces, keeping conference room ready for meetings, vacuuming and dusting office, keeping kitchen tidy, recycling, etc., on a regular basis
- Monitoring and arranging for secure document disposal
- Support for other staff as needed
- Support for principals as needed
Benefits include paid time off, retirement plan, health insurance (if eligible), paid holidays, professional development, chocolate, a fun bunch of co-workers who will appreciate your work, something new happening every day in a cheerful, supportive work environment.
Please mail or email a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to:
New Boston Creative Group, LLC
315 Houston Street, Suite E
Manhattan, KS 66502
(Hint: The ability to follow directions is highly valued here. Incomplete applications will be rejected, so send in everything we need, please!)
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: October 19, 2020