New Boston Creative Group, LLC, is looking for a content marketer to join our team. Not just anybody has the chops to do this job. Our new content marketer will know ALL the rules and will turn out flawless copy on the regular. We can train the right person for the other skills, but we need real writing ability from the get-go!
Our three main criteria, in order:
- Degree in English or journalism with outstanding written and oral communication skills, at least three to five years professional experience. REQUIRED.
- Experience with digital marketing, Google digital tools, social media marketing and so forth. PREFERRED.
- Experience with creation of marketing or content strategy, key messaging, recommendations and so forth. PREFERRED.
In addition, we’re looking for:
- Strong background in AP-style writing
- Capacity to learn about new industries and synthesize knowledge
- Experience with interviewing subjects and writing feature stories
- Strong knowledge of best practices in social media and website copywriting for businesses and organizations
- Demonstrated ability to independently carry out high-level content projects
- Demonstrated abilities in project management and collaboration with clients and colleagues
- Strong organizational and communication skills, tact, responsibility and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to manage deadlines
- Ability to effectively handle multiple assignments at one time
- Ability to manage challenging situations both internally and with clients
- Ability to garner cooperation of colleagues in achieving goals and meeting deadlines
- Ability to edit, proof and critique work of colleagues effectively for different types of media, in a positive, respectful manner
Either from day one, or after training, we’ll expect you to:
- Write feature stories, press releases, web content, etc.
- Become certified in various Google apps and tools.
- Conduct online keyword research for SEO reports.
- Conduct online competitor research.
- Write reports and recommendations for clients.
- Design and manage social media campaigns.
- Keep abreast of changes with social media and analytics platforms.
- Become proficient in our preferred CMS to help create or improve content and SEO on client sites.
Please email or mail a cover letter, resume, three references and five unedited writing samples to:
Lisa A. Sisley
New Boston Creative Group, LLC
315 Houston Street, Suite E
Manhattan, KS 66502
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Jan 29, 2021