New Boston Creative Group, LLC, needs a smart, meticulous, experienced part-time office assistant with a warm and friendly style. You will do a little bit of everything, so flexibility is the word of the day!
- Professional phone, in-person and online demeanor and appearance: This person will be the first contact with prospective clients, so cheerfully and appropriately handling inquiries, calls, visitors, etc., is critical. This includes the ability to communicate appropriately with clients and others in emails. Non-smokers only.
- Light bookkeeping and office experience: We need someone who can, under supervision, handle some typical small-business, light bookkeeping responsibilities including AR, AP and invoicing clients. Quickbooks experience a plus.
- Flexibility: We’re looking for someone who is cheerful, who can keep their head when all about them are losing theirs (but that happens only occasionally…really…we swear), who’s willing to do whatever needs to be done, and who has a great sense of humor. Prioritizing tasks and communicating constantly are imperative.
- Education: Some post-secondary education preferred. Relevant experience in office or professional setting may be substituted.
- Initiative, responsibility and problem-solving skills: We want someone who can identify problems, propose solutions, and make everybody’s life just a little better. And we don’t want to have to remind you about your duties, so if you’re a self-starter, we want to talk to you.
- Hours: Monday-Friday, 9:00 to 3:00, half-hour lunch, 27.5 hours/week (somewhat negotiable and flexible)
- Answering the phone, transferring calls, greeting clients
- AR, AP, invoicing, under supervision
- Using Quickbooks and any project management software
- Preparing reports for weekly staff meetings
- Filing documents, work samples, etc.
- Directing prospective clients to a principal or staff member appropriately
- Mailing, FedExing, errands, etc.
- Monitoring and restocking office and kitchen supplies
- Maintaining office car: keeping it clean, keeping it gassed, scheduling maintenance, etc.
- Light office-housekeeping duties: keeping conference room ready for meetings, vacuuming, dusting, recycling, etc., on a regular basis
- Monitoring and arranging for secure document disposal
- Other general office duties as assigned
- Support for other staff as assigned
Benefits include paid time off, retirement plan, paid holidays, chocolate, a fun bunch of co-workers who will appreciate your work, beer in the fridge (did we already say that?), something new happening every day.
MAIL a cover letter, resume, and three references to:
Lisa A. Sisley
New Boston Creative Group, LLC
315 Houston Street, Suite E
Manhattan, KS 66502
You may email questions (not your application) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or you can call Lisa at 785-587-8185.
(Hint: the ability to follow directions is highly valued here.)
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: August 17 or until the position is filled